[HOT] Spam messages

Florian Kratochwil florian at kratochwil.at
Sun Oct 29 16:22:48 UTC 2017

I also think automated messages (especially with this text) are no good.
For me validating, I see three situations:
1) The work is bad or the tile is not fully mapped: --> I invalidate. I
always invalidate with a comment and I think everybody does it like this
(or maybe it is even a must?)
2) The work is perfect, I don't have to correct anything --> I validate,
and sometimes I write a comment, sometimes not (if it was a lot of work
I write something, if there was almost nothing to map I dont)
3) It is something in between. A few objects are not mapped or some
overlapping / not squared buildings etc. --> I correct it and press
validate. Again, I comment sometimes, but not everytime.

Especially for number 3, the work is neither perfect or "awesome". So if
there is an automated message like the text John posted, I don't want it
to be sent out because it would be wrong.

How to improve it? Possible solutions (not ranked):
1) Make comments compulsory (maybe provide some text for copy-paste or
own templates?)
2) Provide a page for every user with information about my mapped tasks.
How many have been validated, how many invalidated, how many not
checked? I am definitely interested in that. And if you map a lot it is
better to have an overview over your work on such a page than on dozens
of mails.
3) Create a checkbox: "I want to be informed, when this task gets
validated" and when you check it, you get an email, if not you don't.
(One should be able to set the default setting of this checkbox
individually)

And apart from this: In the TM2 comment box, when I pressed "@" all
usernames of mappers of the locked tile were proposed. In TM3 this isnt.
I hope this will be implemented again, it really speeds things up.

Florian