[Imports] How to run Java shp-to-osm?

Alan Millar am12 at bolis.com
Sun Jul 11 20:37:11 BST 2010

I'm interested in importing NHD for my area.  I came across this
message:

> The shp-to-osm Java app I wrote has a more complete set of NHD
> conversion rules

> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Shp-to-osm.jar

But I can't seem to get it to work.  The wiki instructions appear out-of-date.

The zip file download links don't work (404), so I did the svn
checkout, figuring I could compile it with Eclipse per the
instructions.  The eclipse maven instructions don't work for me either;
the link at m4eclipse.sonatype.org appears dead.

I'm trying this on ubuntu 10.04.  Anyone got this to run recently?

- Alan