[Imports] converting and making .osm files available

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 12:54:23 BST 2010

Hi all,
I'm just about done with the massive effort to re-organize the imports
chart into an open access googledocs spreadsheet.

I'm calling it 'OpenImportsMap' as it's really a 'spreadsheet map' of
all of the worlds data that is (and could be) evailable for use.

One thing that would be of GREAT help, is to look back at your
conversion script, and re-run it through, so then you have the
output.osm files
It would be great if everyone can make these available.

Here's why.
With .osm files, we can easily make garmin maps, that are transparent
and install it on the garmin along with the actual osm map.
Because there is data that isnt suitable for osm... doesnt mean that
it cant still be converted and used on the device.

You can host the .osm files anywhere (mediafire is free) and just
share a link to it.

Thanks for your help.
Cheers,
sam