[Imports] corrupt planet osm files

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Jun 9 17:17:28 BST 2011

Hi,

Zolt Egete wrote:
> Also I have tried with different files from
> http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/openstreetmap.org/ which also seamed to be
> corrupt
> To be sure I have tried to unpack them both on the Linux box and also on
> Windows (using winrar) but I got the same results.

Run "md5sum" on the downloaded file and compare with the .md5 file on
the server. Also check the file size - is it possible that you have an
issue with large files on the file system type you're using?

Bye
Frederik

PS: "imports" list is for imports of data into OSM, not for imports of
OSM data into your own PostGIS database. Use the talk list for that.