[Imports] Importing Data from OpenTopography and EarthScope

Daniel Lee lee at isi-solutions.org
Wed May 4 11:06:05 BST 2011

I also think it's a good idea to make the data available. For me, though,
getting it into the OSM format isn't the big problem, so I figure I can just
upload it straightaway rather than have it on our website in a download
area. Currently we don't get a lot of traffic (just starting up now), so I
doubt that a lot of mappers would find the data on our site. That's why I
was asking about the licensing - the most effective thing to do would be
just to upload it directly (currently there are very few buildings digitized
for that area, but I would make sure that we don't upload conflicting
vectors). I'd just hate for the data to go to waste, which might happen if
it were sitting around on our site. The technical side is easy - I just want
to make sure I don't get OSM into trouble by not attributing the data
correctly to its source.

Daniel

E-Mail: Lee at isi-solutions.org

Web: http://www.isi-solutions.org