[Imports] Importing Data from OpenTopography and EarthScope

Jonas Krückel jonasxk at googlemail.com
Fri May 6 20:16:37 BST 2011

Hi Daniel,

2011/5/4 Daniel Lee <lee at isi-solutions.org>

> I also think it's a good idea to make the data available. For me, though,
> getting it into the OSM format isn't the big problem, so I figure I can just
> upload it straightaway rather than have it on our website in a download
> area. Currently we don't get a lot of traffic (just starting up now), so I
> doubt that a lot of mappers would find the data on our site.

I think if you would provide the data as an .osm XML file almost ready for
importing and announce the availability of the data on the right channels
(local mailing lists of that area, international mailing lists etc.) those
two issues would be solved.

> That's why I was asking about the licensing - the most effective thing to
> do would be just to upload it directly (currently there are very few
> buildings digitized for that area, but I would make sure that we don't
> upload conflicting vectors).

Unfortunately I'm not an expert on license issues and it looks like the rest
of this list isn't either, but there's a list dedicated to license
discussion and you might have more luck asking there:

I hope that helps a little bit.
Cheers,
Jonas