[Imports] Import der IENC-Kartendaten der Wasser und Schifffahrtsverwaltung des Bundes

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Apr 20 20:36:41 UTC 2013

Christian,

On 20.04.2013 20:53, Christian Wegerhoff wrote:
> The data has finally been released officially by the Bundesregierung
> (Federal Government) with the "GeoNutzV, Verordnung zur Festlegung der
> Nutzungsbestimmungen für die Bereitstellung von Geodaten des Bundes"
> (http://www.geodatenzentrum.de/docpdf/geonutzv.pdf).
>
> The problem should be solved.

No. The issue has been discussed a lot in the German Forums and on the
talk-de list; the document you quote is not a sufficient license for
importing the data.

If I see this right, Paul Norman has had a few comments for you on this
list on the 9th of November last year, to which you never replied; one
of them was the question whether or not you have discussed this on
talk-de. If you had discussed this on talk-de you would probably have
been told the following:

The document you quote contains an attribution requirement that cannot
be met by OpenStreetMap. In particular, it reads:

"Users of the data have to make sure that all attribution and other
legal remarks that come with the data have to be visibly linked"

The German community has attempted to clarify that requirement in direct
contact with the government and it currently isn't compatible - the
government essentialy wants their attribution under every product that
uses their data, and this is something that we cannot give them. The
best we can give them is naming them on our copyright page but they're
not currently happy with that.

Now I am not sure if you have received any *explicit* permission to
import that data that might override the GeoNutzV document, but the
GeoNutzV in itself is not sufficient legal basis for importing that data
into OSM.

Bye
Frederik