[Imports] INSPIRE / Was: SV: Sardinia Imports

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Thu Nov 21 16:50:44 UTC 2013

On Thursday 21 November 2013, Thomas Hirsch wrote:
> > the conversion I think would be smooth enough because the files are
> > conformant to Inspire European Directive The conversion rules will
> > be posted onto the wiki.
>
> Just to satisfy my curiosity: Are there any initiatives/plans to
> import INSPIRE datasets as they become available?

To satisfy my curiosity ;-), what is an 'INSPIRE dataset' and how is
this useful for import in OSM?

I am aware of the INSPIRE directive and that it was established with the
aim to create unified standards for data exchange.  I am however not
aware that anything substantial came out of it till now that would
really help import of official data into OSM (like unified licensing
terms or common standards of quality or data semantics).

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/