[Imports] Sardinia Imports

sabas88 sabas88 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 19:28:49 UTC 2013

2013/11/21 Paul Norman <penorman at mac.com>

> Hello, I have a few initial questions

Hello Paul!
I'm the only one subscribed to imports so I took responsibility to write,
I'll try to give a first answer

> -          What tagging will be used

I think that most of the tagging will come from previous imports,
especially the Veneto one (
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Veneto/Guide_e_documentazione).

>  -          What scripts will be used

shp2osm.jar for the conversion, then the import will go through josm and
handwork

> -          What methods will be used to conflate with existing data

replace geometry in josm, the data will be splitted in smaller segments

> -          What changeset tags will be used

We discussed this earlier, I suggested "source=Regione Sardegna" in
changeset instead of geometry

> -          If multiple people are importing this data, how will they
> coordinate

Initially to organize we're hanging out on Hangouts, then we will use the
wiki page and perhaps the tasking manager..

> -          If it is necessary to pause the imports, how will this be
> communicated to the people importing

Mailing list, advices on where will be advertised the import (f.e. local
groups)

> -          Which datasets are you currently consulting on importing

I liked this one
http://www.sardegnageoportale.it/index.php?xsl=1598&s=140641&v=2&c=8831&t=1
 especially
the first three layers (roads, buildings and toponyms), the others from
different sections I assume are variations, I didn't have looked
extensively myself...

> Could you provide an English translation of the last paragraph of
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/images/7/77/Autorizzazione_sardegna_openstreetmap.pdf

"So, knowing that a license change of our data wouldn't be possible in a
small amount of time compatibile to the emergency, in the meantime of the
adjustment of our license to the directive of CAD (Digital Administration
Code which introduced a year ago the open by default concept), we authorize
the OpenStreetMap Foundation to use and import on their software all the
vector data that are on the Regione Sardegna portal and, specifically,
those at the url http://www.sardegnageoportale.it/catalogodati/download/."

Regards,
Stefano