[Imports] Question on imports

Jason Remillard remillard.jason at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 01:25:42 UTC 2013

Hi Randal,

I think your expectations on how fast/slow this should take are not
realistic. Because everybody is doing this in spare cycles, it usually
takes at least 3 weeks to work the import process.

Go make a wiki page, add the data to the catalog. You are going to
need to get the license pinned down or the data can't go in, its not
negotiable (review the archive, in cases like yours an email from the
owners of the data with a license will work). Document your plan in
the wiki. Prepare some sample OSM files for us to review, and come
back to the list and we will review your process and your sample
files, and we will see where we are.

Thanks
Jason.