[Imports] Polish Forests - Imports

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Wed Oct 30 22:32:25 UTC 2013

After being pointed to changeset 17263910 I think this question needs re-examination, now that we've seen the data.

For an overview of the data, see
http://pnorman.dev.openstreetmap.org/imports/review/polish_forests/forest_blocks.png.
It seems to be typical of the data this import consists of. I've
highlighted a few problems

- There are several areas which are not forests
- There is a section which is split into many small polygons, when the
  entire area is forest.
- There is an a regular grid pattern which doesn't seem to correspond
  to anything on the ground.

Unfortunately, this import didn't get much review on imports@ at the
time.

Are the divisions between these squares observable on the ground? If
not, I think there's a data modelling error here and all the squares
should be merged into one forest, as they are indistinguishable on the
ground.

> Additional information about the data is located under >
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Pl:Importy/Lasy

There's also a couple of documentation deficiencies

Firstly, could one of the importers fill out http://wiki.osm.org/wiki/Key:adr_les to document that key. Why does it have "   -    -" in it?

Secondly, the import needs adding to http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Catalogue