[Imports] NYC building and address import

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 23:46:57 UTC 2013

There are too many people CCed, and this only belongs on the imports
list, so I'm only keeping the list.

I share Jason's concern about an entirely manual process of uploading
~950,000 buildings.

The chances for a process problem are very high (higher than they
would be for an automated process) and the value of  having a human do
it is essentially none, as the person is doing a completely rote
process.

But there is value in doing manual conflation as well.

There is unfortunately a third category in NYC of bildings which have
either been imported or traced, but have no additional information on
them. They may benefit from a conflation process similiar to Mass.

I think we should examine the process for adding the data in areas
where it does not exist, and think about conflation in high density,
low "value" areas- alternatively we would simply delete the areas, but
that seems like a waste.

- Serge