[Imports] Add to discard ist : more tiger tags

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Thu Sep 12 22:25:27 UTC 2013

On 9/12/13 2:17 PM, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 2:45 AM, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com
> <mailto:emacsen at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     > tiger:name_1
>
>     The tiger name_#, name_base, name_direction, prefix, suffix tags are
>     still useful.
>
>     Ideally, all TIGER names would be folded into more meaningful tags
>     (name, alt_name, etc.) but until then, we want to keep the names in
>     the object.
>

> Do you have examples of tiger based imports were the folding was not done?
> If there were tiger imports done without folding, the editors could
> delete the tags if folded.

there are cases where Serge's bot mode didn't modify a way because of prior
hand edits, and having these tags is valuable in those cases when you're
trying
to decide what to do with a way. i have hit a case or two this week
while i've
been visiting central Iowa and doing a little mapping on the side. i do
manually
delete these tags when i've determined that all the useful information
has properly
been folded, and i delete name_# tags which indicate route
identification once the
information has been transferred to a ref tag and/or a route relation.

i also agree with Mike N that tiger:county can be quite useful at times
and i'd
hate to see it go.

richard