[Imports] NYC building and address import

Alex Barth alex at mapbox.com
Mon Sep 16 15:39:37 UTC 2013

Bryce -

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:28 PM, Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com> wrote:

> Around the same time I looked into importing the NYC drinking fountain
> data into OSM.  However after reading the licence,

The Local Law 11 of 2012 is very clear and applies to data that NYC DoITT
city wide GIS services manages:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/doitt/html/open/local_law_11_2012.shtml

> Such public data sets shall be made available without any registration
requirement, license requirement or restrictions on their use provided that
the department may require a third party providing to the public any public
data set, or application utilizing such data set, to explicitly identify
the source and version of the public data set, and a description of any
modifications made to such public data set.

The datasets we use reflect these laws on their respect open data profiles:

https://nycopendata.socrata.com/Housing-Development/Building-Perimeter-Outlines/r7fd-yd5e

(addresses to be posted there in the next weeks)

Alex