[Imports] Manual import of 1,701 Madrid pharmacies

Rafael Avila Coya ravilacoya at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 21:39:05 UTC 2014

Hi all:

The Madrid city council is releasing some of their data as open data.
One of the datasets is a list of 1,807 pharmacies, of which 1,701 are
geolocalized.

The purpose of this import [1] is to process that data to produce 34
osm files with 50 nodes each (the last one with 51), so the interested
mappers can import manually those pharmacies, following a detailed
workflow [2], one file at a time, and therefore adapting the import to
their own time availability.

After finishing a task, they will have to write it down in a wiki [3],
commenting any issues.

The import was submitted for comments in the talk-es mailing list. The
only issue mentioned was about dropping the addr:city and
addr:province tags, in which I also agree.

The workflow wiki is a translation into Spanish of the Workflow
section in the Import wiki, plus some screenshots.

In the progress section, I put an example to make more clear how to
proceed with the import.

All scripts are ready, and can easily be tweaked to adapt to any
tagging modifications that we may agree upon.

Key points to focus on are tagging and merging with existing OSM
pharmacies in the area.

You can download the resulting file in CSV and OSM formats here: [4]

I wait for your comments.

Cheers and have a nice week,

Rafael Ávila Coya (edvac).

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Madrid_Pharmacies_Import