[Imports] Sardinia Regional Dataset Import Phase 2: Addresses

Leonardo kinetocore86 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 22:27:17 UTC 2014

Hi,

after the successful import of the buildings in Sardinia (see
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/imports/2014-March/003061.html
for the original proposal) now it's time to move to phase 2, addresses.
Here is the wiki page proposal:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Sardegna/Import/Address_import_for_Sardinia

We have already discussed the import details on the Italian and
Sardinian ML and after, some small tweaks, we are ready to propose it
here. I want to stress that NO mechanical import will be used and all
the existent data will be checked and, eventually, merged with the
imported one.

We will cover 57 city of Sardinia and we will use the address also to
check the missing streets name against the imported data (if there are
any controversy about names, we will keep the already present on OSM).

Many of the steps and tools used are similar to the workflow for the
address import of Biella:

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/imports/2014-November/003547.html

Feedback is welcome!

Thank you and Merry Christmas!