[Imports] Import of addresses in Poland

Mike N niceman at att.net
Tue Feb 4 20:24:18 UTC 2014

On 2/4/2014 2:52 PM, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> I think it is probably not impossible to have a repository of ready-made
> OSM files with house numbers for various areas, and anyone setting up
> Nominatim could select the files for whatever areas they're interested
> in.

I like this idea - it would be interesting if such a repository could
have simpler licensing to serve as a place to collect and distribute
"publicly available address data".   I can easily track down public
sources of address data for my region, but don't bother with the import
process because of the equivalent hassle of getting 2 groups of lawyers
to sit down and hammer out a license agreement for each import.