[Imports] Fwd: [osm-pl] Import adresów Gmina Wieprz

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 14:02:14 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 8:52 AM, Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 2:25 PM, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >> Should I wait for confirmation from non-polish community for every
> >> municipality? :P
> >
> > Yes. That is part of the process, to get the feedback of the overall OSM
> > community.
>
> Come on ! Once the process is established and approved and verified
> for one or two municipalities, why the hell are you asking the same
> approval for hundreds municipalities ?

Each municipality is a different import. Part of the process needs to be to
be validation, for example, which has already been brought up and not
answered.

If the import was indeed a single import, there would be no need for each
municipality to be discussed, but it isn't (for reasons we've discussed in
the past) and therefore there must be consensus on each import, which there
clearly isn't yet, because questions keep coming up.

> Where is the group of OSM
> officers payed for stamping papers ? Foolish remark from an
> anti-importer trying to avoid imports at any price.

First of all, cursing, and  implying that I am an corrupt officer are both
not going to move the conversation along, but calling me an "anti-importer"
is pretty laughable, considering how much pro-import work I do, including
trying to encourage imports in the US. Where the confusion might be is that
I'm only in favor of imports which are verified and of high quality.

- Serge