[Imports] CzechAddress Import

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 13:45:54 UTC 2014

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 10:43 PM, Dalibor Jelínek <dalibor at dalibor.cz>wrote:

> Is there anything else you would like us to do before we start the import?

I have a few questions.

1. Can you please directly link to where the data is specified as public
domain?

Is it in the metadata? I did not see a link to the original data (only a
search form), so it was hard to examine myself.

2. Looking at the sample osm file you provided, I have a set of questions:

a) I'm not familiar with addr:suburb. I see the wiki entry, but can you
elaborate on this more, and why it's needed here?

b)     <tag k="is_in" v="Is in ..."/>

What is that? That appears wrong to me.

c) The city and country tags

I don't see the value of so many city/country tags. We already know that
these addresses are in Prague due to their location (they sit within a well
defined boundary), and as for being in the Czech Republic, we know this as
well.

3. Can you elaborate on your process? Anything that involves a bot concerns
me. Can you point us to your source code?

4. You say this is an ongoing import. How can that be? This was only
proposed a couple of days ago, and I only saw the mail this morning.

- Serge