[Imports] Propoasl: Uganda Import

Ketty Adoch kettya298 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 16:09:42 UTC 2014

Hi all,

As far as administrative boundary data is concerned in OpenStreetMap, only
the Uganda national boundaries exist- we'd like to import two datasets to
OSM:

- sub-region administrative boundaries
- district administrative boundaries

Here is the proposal[1], so far we've one issue we'd need help on, (data
transformation) plus overall review of the proposal.

-We have merged two shape files(region[2] and district[3]) from the
Humanitarian Relief website using QGIS,marginally simplified it by reducing
the shape file to 3 keys(district, id, region)  and used ogr2osm[4] to make
a .osm file[5].

However the .osm file has only 7 relations instead of all the 112 district
relations.
Pointers on a good approach for this are highly appreciated.

best regards,

Ketty Adoch
GIS/Mapping
Mobile: +256-712-200-738