[Imports] Propoasl: Uganda Import

Saikrishna Arcot saiarcot895 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 17:06:13 UTC 2014

Note that some of the districts in this OSM file are just regular ways
and not relations. My grep skills aren't great, but I estimate that
there are 112 districts in there (which matches with your number) and
11 regions. I'm not an expert on administrative boundaries, but I think
they need to be relations, so those will need to be converted somehow
(either automated or manual).

Also, ogr2osm allows you to control what goes into the final OSM file
(and possibly the name casing if you can code it in Python, which will
probably need to be corrected), so that you have less work to do
afterwards (and you have a slightly smaller OSM file). See the sample
files in the translations directory on how to do this (I suggest
starting with surreyroad.py and databc_ta_municip.py).

Saikrishna Arcot