[Imports] Fwd: Import os waterways in São Paulo, Brazil

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Fri Jul 18 17:02:22 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 12:05 PM, Vitor George <vitor.george at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Prefecture of São Paulo made a statement about datasets available at
> their website:
>
> " All files are available for download and can be freely consulted,
> processed, reused, redistributed, without restrictions of license, patents
> or control mechanisms, only by giving proper attribution."
>
> We are going to start importing a dataset of waterways within the city. I've
> already publicize at local mailing list and created the wiki page:
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/PMAPSP_Import

I see that you are listing the import guideline[1] matters and your
progress on the PMAPSP import[2] wiki page.

Regarding the license.  It would be a very good thing if you could get
the following from the publisher:
- the exact wording of the attribution they wish us to publish
- their agreement that inclusion of their attribution statement on the
attribution[3] wiki page (or sub pages) is sufficient to meet their
requirement for proper attribution.

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import_guidelines
[2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/PMAPSP_Import
[3] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Attribution#Brazil