[Imports] Handling of existing buildings in NYC import (was Re: Buildings & Address in Washington, DC, USA.)

Katie Filbert filbertk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 06:39:06 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 3:02 AM, Alex Barth <alex at mapbox.com> wrote:

> Katie -
>
> Can you show me an example?

Some of the problematic things I found earlier this week when surveying:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/note/179039

http://www.openstreetmap.org/note/178197

It's difficult to go back and look at the deleted buildings and say which
were better, but I don't think any were kept as far as i can tell.  We even
put in addresses! and they were deleted. I don't think that was necessary.

Also, think generally having paid mappers is not a good thing, and the
import should have been done by the local community even if it takes
longer, imho.

Katie

--
Katie Filbert