[Imports] cleanup broken import "fix"

malenki osm_ at malenki.ch
Thu May 29 10:00:14 UTC 2014

Am Thu, 29 May 2014 11:22:31 +0200
schrieb Christoph Hormann <chris_hormann at gmx.de>:

> On Wednesday 28 May 2014, malenki wrote:
> > water=lake;pond
>
> One thing that bothers me about this is that with the new tagging
> scheme for rivers (natural=water + water=river)

Did I miss something? Where was the "new tagging scheme" proposed?

Taginfo has
6 379	water=river
700 962	waterway=river
266 915 waterway=riverbank

> there is no distinction between flowing and standing bodies of
> water unless there is a water=* tag and here this information - while
> being included in the original import - gets lost with the removal of
> that tag.

The majority of rivers is tagged with waterway=river, its banks with
waterway=riverbank.

> On the other hand the distinction lake - pond is somewhat pointless
> anyway so i would suggest you simply change it to water=lake.

That doesn't work. Some of the objects look like puddles on Bing,
others are dry/intermittent.