[Imports] [Imports-us] New Orleans: importing buildings and addresses

Gertjan Idema g.idema at zonnet.nl
Thu Oct 30 21:26:23 UTC 2014

For an extreme example, you can have a look at Europaplein 360 - 398 in
Utrecht (With an editor).
Our reason for this solution is that we want to make sure that the
addresses stay within the building contour. The imported dataset only
guarantees that the addresses are within the building. When aligning the
addresses parallel to the street, the address nodes could easily end up
in a neighboring building. Also you would want to make sure the address
numbers get aligned in the right direction along the street. And in The
Netherlands, the addresses might be in different streets.
The algorithm would get quite complex if you wanted to solve all these
issues.

Gertjan