[Imports] Fwd: Ottawa, Canada import

James james2432 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 16:28:29 UTC 2015

Hello everyone, I was informed that before any kind of data import was to
be approved by the community. Unfortunately I have imported a bit of data
into openstreetmap and for this I am sorry.

but I did receive approval from the city that we could import data from
data.ottawa.ca/dataset. Which I documented here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Canada:Ontario:Ottawa/Import/Permission

I will be documenting the import on this wiki page:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Canada:Ontario:Ottawa/Import

I know there has been a push within osmcanada to improve Ottawa's maps see
osm task:
http://tasks.osmcanada.ca/project/9
and I truely do believe this will help this cause. with your approval we
can move ahead and improve the already great maps that openstreetmap
provides.

*(Sorry for the double email I wasn't on the imports mailing list and it
bounced)*

Thank you
Jamie Nadeau