[Imports] Miami-Dade County building import

Brian May bmay at mapwise.com
Wed Jul 27 21:26:08 UTC 2016

On 7/27/2016 2:22 PM, Levente Juhász wrote:
> Hi Clifford,
>
> Thanks for your effort on checking the data! Comments inline.
>
>     Picking just one of the sample file I noticed that the street
>     address is abbreviated and no tag addr:city.
>
>     NE 18th Avenue should be Northeast 18th Avenue
>
> According to the Wiki, addr:city is not needed in general "if there
> are valid border polygons" - which is the case in Miami-Dade. These
> entries were not populated because "city" is missing from the county's
> address dataset, though.

Hi Levente,

City is present in the county data - check the MAILING_MUNIC field. Its
in numeric form in the MUNIC field as well (requires code lookup). The
data also has the FOLIO field which can be joined to the parcel data to
get site city from there for some records that are missing the city name.

Zip +4 is in the county data, too. Not sure if that is used.

Brian