[Imports] Fwd: [Talk-ca] [Import] Ottawa Buildings & Addresses [Statistics Canada project]

Kevin Farrugia kevinfarrugia at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 17:31:20 UTC 2016

Hi Christoph,

Sorry, after I sent my email I noticed I wasn't in the imports mailing
list.

Planimetrics represent whatever the ground condition was when the data was
created and updated, which is almost always done with high res
orthoimagery. If someone demolishes a shed in their backyard, the city
would likely need to notice it visually. Every place does it differently,
but that's likely what happens.

Don't think of planimetrics as what is planned, but rather map data that
isn't related to elevation. The Wikipedia definition is pretty decent:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planimetrics#In_geography.  OSM data would be
considered planimetric.

Hope that clears it up a bit, :)

Kevin.