[Imports] National Transit Map (US)

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Wed Sep 7 22:49:39 UTC 2016

Thanks for pointing it out!

My thinking is this is probably better done separate for each transit agency, with a local community member who knows the area leading it. They could then contact the agency directly and perhaps establish a relationship that may lead to other collaborations. I think this would also be a great topic for local Mapathons!

The local agencies probably have routes as well, which would have to be manually edited anyway because complexity (relations). Routes also tend to change much more frequently, so that again points to a local person wanting to own this as being an important link in this process.

I have engaged with UTA (Salt Lake City / Wasatch Front) in the past and they have been very forthcoming with stops / route information. I have never taken the time to really work on systematically adding the stops but it would be a great local mapper project..

Martijn