[Imports] Import of buildings heights in Montpellier, France

Peter Barth osm-peda at won2.de
Tue Dec 12 21:31:00 UTC 2017

Hi,

Russ Garrett schrieb:
> On 10 December 2017 at 22:06, Peter Barth <osm-peda at won2.de> wrote:
> > Anyways, if one still imports data, it
> > shouldn't be asked too much to try and ask for a permission for OSM
> > instead of a permission for a specific license.
>
> That's still a license - unless you're asking the copyright holder to
> reassign their copyright entirely to OSM!

you kind of ask them to accept the CT. I.e. neither asking for our
specific license in use nor for a copyright reassignment. It's kind of
asking for a "special license" to allow everything in scope of our CTs.

Ianal, perhaps the lwg could clarify how to phrase something like that.
Anyway, I'm calling it asking for permission to use it in OSM instead
of having it ODBL only. It's been done before.

Peda