[Imports] Canada hydrography data

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Sat Dec 16 22:09:47 UTC 2017

On Sat, Dec 16, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Peter Bubik <peterbubik at pbpower.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have never done an import, but it seems to me that someone imported an
> older version of this data.
>
> How would I get in touch with them or find out how far they got in their
> project and why did they stop where they stopped?
>
> I’d like to connect with them to continue the good work they did.

You could either leave a changeset comment or send them a message through
OSM. You might also want to check to see if they are still active in OSM by
looking at the edits. If you don't hear from them, I would recommend doing
it yourself by following the import guidelines [1].

I'm not a fan of adding intermittent streams except maybe in desert areas.
Have you looked at what you are proposing to import? A lot of streams in
this area are only running in the spring after the snow starts melting.

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Guidelines

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us