[Imports] Walmart import

Ilya Zverev ilya at zverev.info
Wed Dec 27 13:17:52 UTC 2017

27 дек. 2017 г., в 15:54, Gregory Marler <info at nomoregrapes.com> написал(а):

> I picked a Walmart at random to take a look at the data,
>
> http://audit.osmz.ru/browse/walmart/5939
> a) Opening times, the closing hour is wrong as it should be 0 not 24 (or is that even valid, should it be 23:59?).

So I guess, our wiki is wrong?

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:opening_hours#Examples (second example)

Formal specification allows hours up to 48 (for obvious reasons):

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:opening_hours/specification#extended_hour

To me, 6:00-24:00 is better readable than 6:00-0:00.

> b) The existing URL actually seems better, the details of the branch rather then the "whats new" marketing page.

Does it matter that much? Both types of links lead to a store page. When a website tag is set, one can choose to keep it instead.

> Ilya, it's not completely clear what the colours on the tags mean. Green presumably means it will replace the tag with this imported value. Does yellow mean it won't do anything due to a conflict?
> A key/note would be helpful for the future.

No, the coloured value is what goes into OSM after importing, regardless of colour. When validating, it is more clear, since there are radio buttons also.

It's my fault for not writing the docs before publishing the tool, but it's on my to-do list.

> These imports are great candidates to follow with a Map Roulette challenge as suggested or a monthly/weekly project. In addition to the building polygon, there are other features like car parks and competitor stores to be mapped.

I agree. For obvious errors, I fill the "fixme" tag and will post the overpass api link for these to talk-us after importing. But to me, around 90% of walmart stores mapping could be improved: building outlines should be more exact, parking spaces marked, surrounding waterways and roads mapped. But that, I guess, applies to any store chain, not just Walmarts.

Ilya