[Imports] RFC for City of Basel Suburb Import

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 23:13:59 UTC 2017

sent from a phone

On 29. Dec 2017, at 14:32, Johannes Singler <johannes at singler.name> wrote:

>> boundary=suburb, as a new tag, should be documented in the OSM wiki, in case it's finally decided to continue with that tagging schema.
>
> Well, it says "    All commonly used values according to Taginfo" there, and "suburb" is used in other places already.  "statistical" would be an alternative that is used even more often already.

I also agree that boundary=suburb doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense. Usually in boundary=* the * is about a type of boundary, e.g. administrative, protected area, etc. The common tag is place=suburb (or administrative with admin_level)

Those 31 boundary=suburb are not “commonly” used values, they are rarely used, probably erroneous values, similar to boundary=10 (same number of usage). Please, do not reinforce these errors by adding more of them.

Cheers,
Martin