[Imports] Fayetteville, AR Building Footprints Import

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Sat Jan 14 22:47:03 UTC 2017

As Jon noted, you are required to create a import page on the wiki to
describe your planned import. You should also announce it on the talk-us
mailing list. You might also want to join our Slack [1]  import channel.
But make sure you read the import guidelines [2].

If you can involve local mappers, I'd suggest using the Tasking Manager
[3], to break the work into small chunks. We used voting districts to
breakup Kirkland, Washington Building and Addresses [4] import. voting
districts are nicely sized to import.

In all of our imports, we took the opportunity to teach people how to use
JOSM to import the data. One of the nice features is to use the Address
Tags Validator Map Paint Style. It colorizes the addr:street object the
same as the highway= road. If the two match, then they will be the same
color. It is a quick and easy way to spot differences. We identified a
number of errors in a local counties gis data.

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with. We are getting ready
to announce another import in Washington State so this is all fresh in my
mind. (It goes quickly :-)

Clifford

[1] https://osmus-slack.herokuapp.com/
[2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Guidelines