[Imports] Canton of Bern Address Import (GEBADR list)

michael spreng talk at osm.datendelphin.net
Thu Jan 19 06:48:45 UTC 2017

On 2017-01-18 14:53, Andrea Musuruane wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 2:23 PM, michael spreng
> <talk at osm.datendelphin.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Moreover, I can't see anything about QA in the wiki.
>>
>> Here I don't know what you would like to suggest. We did have a
>> thorough
>> look at the data, and there are exceptions where we will not use the
>> data,
>> and also a transformation to mach osm tagging scheme. Most of this was
>> discussed on the Swiss mailing list (We did post a link to this
>> mailing
>> list in the initial Mail in November. Look for discussion threads
>> mentioning GEBADR or Gebäudeadressen Bern)
>> Also, due to the manual process, each address will be checked by a
>> mapper
>> who is at least familiar with mapping in the canton of Bern.
>> Please elaborate if I did not answer your question.
>>

> I'm sorry, I'll try to explain. I'm not talking about upstream (or
> transformed) data verification but post import quality assurance.
>
> After importing address data, you will likely discover that:
> * some road names previously inserted in OSM are wrong or they are
> spelled
> slightly different;
> * some roads are already in OSM but they don't have a name (but now you
> can
> get it from the nearby house addresses);
> * there are missing roads that have house addresses around.
>
> I think you should have a process to catch these issues and fix them.

Hi Andrea

This is a good suggestion. I think it was never mentioned with regard to
this import because we have http://qa.poole.ch/ch-roads/ for quite some
years now. It does not only cover Bern but all of Switzerland (and is
based on some other official data). So I think we are well covered in
that department :) but there is still a lot to do of course.

Bye
Michael