[Imports] U.S.-Mexico border fence update

Max Erickson maxerickson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 15:23:03 UTC 2017

Hi Michael-

Can you move in the direction of treating OSM as your canonical
source? Overpass API/Overpass Turbo offers a convenient way to
retrieve the data from OSM:

http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/ltm

If you click "export" there, you can get geojson. Understandable that
there might be some difficulties organizationally, but not having to
do merges is a big win.

As far as getting your current changes added to OSM, if you are
familiar with JOSM, the OpenData plugin and the "Replace Geometry"
tool from utilsplugin2 might at least remove some of the pain of
updating the features that are in OSM. I would guess that lots of
manual work is going to be the best way to sync the data up.

Max