[Imports] Building imports, Auckland, New Zealand

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 11:55:24 UTC 2017

This appears to be an import with no documentation, community buy-in
or any of the other things required for an import:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/50399337#map=16/-36.8926/174.6816

This has happened at least twice before with this data set, building
outlines provided by Auckland Council. Each time I bring it up, the
importers stop and wait, then start again with a different area of the
city.

This sub-section is the only reference I can find on the wiki to
importing buildings in Auckland:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/LINZ#Local_Council_Data

Folks, there is a process for importing data. It is outlined here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Guidelines

I have written to that user asking he stop and read the guidelines.

--
robin