[Imports] Importing fuel stations in UK and future similar imports

Nick Bolten nbolten at gmail.com
Fri May 12 18:08:58 UTC 2017

Christoph,

Respectfully, these kinds of personal and invective-laced comments make the
OSM community appear hostile to contributors trying something new, who will
never get everything perfectly right. As a rule, there is no need to even
directly address the person suggesting a (potentially inadequately
documented/planned) import, and all criticism can be politely directed at
the actual problems in the suggested import, rather than the people
involved.

It is not particularly obvious that imports need to follow the wiki guide
and then use a (frankly outmoded) mailing list, not to mention
always-changing, community-derived tagging standards, so until it becomes
easy for new users to discover what is expected, we could all benefit from
treating each other with respect and empathy.