[Imports] Import of buildings heights in Montpellier, France

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Wed Nov 1 18:41:39 UTC 2017

On 01.11.2017 18:56, Andrea Musuruane wrote:
> What you says applies to every import not PD, CC0 or PDDL licensed, as
> stated here:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/ODbL_Compatibility

In addition to those, there's also the possibility of an explicit
permission for OSM, as I mentioned in my first mail. I hope someone with
more legal knowledge than myself can properly answer Vincent's question
about the wording of that permission.

But yes, this issue is not limited to ODbL.

> I can't see why Vincent's proposed import is different from other
> imports we already did in the past (ODbL, CC-BY or OGL licensed).

There's nothing special about Vincent's proposed import from this legal
point of view. In my opinion, we should indeed refrain from importing
data under such licenses as a general rule.

That such imports have been performed in the past is true. At least in
my case, however, the reason why I didn't raise similar objections back
then is simply that I didn't pay close enough attention.