[Imports] RFC for Denver Planimetrics Buildings Import

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Tue Oct 3 20:05:24 UTC 2017

On 10/3/2017 12:46 PM, Russell Deffner wrote:
>> Why does the source page require an email address in order that I can
>> view the source data? I don't think that this is necessary and would
>> like to ask you to make the source data available, too.
> I will ask DRCOG if there is a way to bypass the email requirement and/or look at alternative hosting.

The Wiki page states it is public domain, so you can just download it
yourself and host it somewhere.

However, after giving my emailI see that none off this is necessary, and
the DRCOG page is confusing. The links to the actual building data is at
the bottom of
http://gis.drcog.org/datacatalog/content/planimetrics-2016-building-roofprints,
by delivery area. The PLANIMETRICS_2016_EXTENT_BUILDING_ROOFPRINTS.zip
file which requires registration is available at
http://gis.drcog.org/datacatalog/sites/default/files/shapefiles/PLANIMETRICS_2016_EXTENT_BUILDING_ROOFPRINTS_0.zip
and only contains the extents of the area with data.

I did notice that although the wiki page states it is public domain,
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/images/7/7e/Data_Use_Permission_Granted_to_OSM_-_Signed_Sept_2017.pdf
has a license, contradicting the wiki page.