[Imports] Allegheny County, PA: Building Footprints import

GeoKitten geokittenosm at protonmail.com
Tue Oct 10 23:39:23 UTC 2017

I would like to propose an import of buildings in Allegheny County from
the county's open data. I have a general plan in place but I need to know if
there are any problems with it.

The wiki page is here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Allegheny_County_Building_Import
In summary, I wish to import around 500,000 buildings in Allegheny County.
The data is good quality and I've confirmed that we're allowed to use it. I
already have a plan on how to import it: I will ask for an account on the OSM
US Tasking Manager and put it there, where the community will be free to
help add the buildings on chunk at a time. I am styling my import after some
previous imports of Microsoft building data in the South (link:
http://tasks.openstreetmap.us/project/122 ). I'm personally interested in this
project so I plan on contributing to the actual import.

Is this import a good idea? If you have any concerns, suggestions,
or improvements, I am eager to hear them. I'm a mapper local to this area but
this is the first import I've tried to conduct.