[Imports] Heads up: Building Canada 2020

OSM Volunteer stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Thu Oct 19 01:56:20 UTC 2017

I'm bold enough to say I believe that it is somewhat premature for this discussion to be on the imports list, as there does not appear to be a viable import plan.  (Saying "Heads Up" here is something, but it is not that).  The WikiProject page is a good first cut after a month, and appears to be "going places."

I offer opinions onto the initial blurb of the WikiProject's Talk page https://wiki.osm.org/wiki/Talk:WikiProject_Canada/Building_Canada_2020 and hereby suggest that further discussion, OSM Canada community development, data source identification, workflow ideas, resources, communication, consensus-building — what amounts to the initial OSM project management necessary for this WikiProject to be successful — take place there, or between and among key (stakeholder, project manager-roled, technical advisors...) movers and shakers.

OSM is a growing, vibrant, awesome project.  Building Canada 2020 seems a worthy WikiProject to me with many win-win-win-win-wins.

Thank you,
SteveA
California