[Imports] Proposed building import in Hamilton County, Ohio

Nate Wessel bike756 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 19:57:28 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Long time mapper here, first time importer.

Minh Nguyen <https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Minh%20Nguyen> and
myself (Nate_Wessel <https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Nate_Wessel>)
have put together a proposed import of buildings in Hamilton County,
Ohio. The details are available on the wiki at the link below. This
import would add about 295k building footprints to the database.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Hamilton_County_Building_Import

We are two of the more active mappers in the area and have talked with
other locals about this import at the recent State of the Map US in
Detroit and on the OSM Ohio slack channel. We've also mentioned it on
the talk-us mailing list.

I believe we have most of the legwork done at this point, and just have
some relatively minor fixes to make to the proposed .osm import files,
which are available on GitHub for review.

We are looking for approval from this list, per the import guidelines,
before we proceed. Please let us know if there are any comments,
questions, or concerns!

Best,
Nate