[Imports] Import of churches in Norway

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Sat Feb 3 13:35:19 UTC 2018

On 29 January 2018 at 13:04, Fredrik <lists at 0v.no> wrote:

> On 29/01/2018 00:45, Andy Mabbett wrote:
>> On 27 January 2018 at 16:10, Fredrik <lists at 0v.no> wrote:
>>
>>> An import has been planned and set up for importing all 1951 churches in
>>> Norway from official sources.

>> Do all 1951 have representation in Wikidata (some certainly
>> will)? And have you matched your data to their Wikidata IDs?

> Im guessing most if not all the churces have a wiki-article of not any
> images. Do each article have wiki data even if there are no images?

Everything that has a Wikipedia article has an item in Wikidata (with
a possible lag of a few days for new Wikipedia articles). But many
other things also have a Wikidata item, even if there is no Wikipedia
article; or if they only appear in a "list" Wikipedia article, such as
"List of public art in Birmingham"

> We have no matching of the wikidata planned and uou are very welcome to
> help if you have a way to  add this. (im  curious of how one would do
> this in a simple way)

There are a number of options; you can put your data into Google
Sheets, and use the Wikipedia/Wikidata plugin there. Or we could ask
Edward Betts (I'm BCCing him in this mail) to use his matching tool:

    https://osm.wikidata.link/

after your import is done. Once matches to existing Wikidata items are
made, we can remove those from a copy of your data, and use the
remainder to create new items on Wikidata.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing