[Imports] Bing Building Import

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Tue Jul 3 16:00:32 UTC 2018

On Tuesday 03 July 2018, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> > ...Large imports are often detrimental to community building, ...
>
> Can you point to some data / research that backs this up?

Could we please not let this drift into a general discussion on the
merits of imports and the usual politically motivated campaigning
without interest to learn something new and maybe improve the ways we
enter new data into the OSM database (to use a generic term including
both imports and craft mapping).

You can already see people opening up with a full barrage of preemptive
smoke grenades based on the mere hint of you there might be substantial
data to back up the reasoning on which Frederik based his suggestion
for a certain approach to doing an import.  I don't think this is an
approach you seriously want to support.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/