[Imports] City of Portsmouth, Virginia Building/Address Import

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Sun Jun 16 02:55:33 UTC 2019

Hi -Jonah
The data as you say is collected from various sources. Looking at the forms, it seem that outbounds were not traced by hand but either by some computer tool that interpret pixels.  If you look around building
We dont know how the producer proceeded to trace buildings outlindes from imagery.

Bing offers good quality image for the area but probably less recent then the imagery used to trace the buildings as provided in the file.  The outbounds in the Import File that you provided on Github are often imprecise, do not fit closely with what we observe on Bing Imagery (ie. angles where we dont see any, smaller size, etc). And this not only where trees obscure part of buildings. From Bing, we observe in general orthogonal angles (ie. closed to 90 degrees). But this is often not the case in the Import file.

Look for example around building id=-1207029

 Pierre