[Imports] Should this 4-year-old import be deleted? (Ulster County, NY)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Jun 25 23:16:02 UTC 2019

Hi,

apologies for taking so long to sort this out.

On 5/6/19 15:41, Jmapb wrote:
> I should have clarified re: "everything still at version 1 gets deleted"
> -- a good number the imported footprints (probably less than 100 but I
> can't be sure) had been adjusted but were still at version 1 because
> their node lists had not changed, and they had no new tags since the
> import.... however, the footprints *had* been corrected to aerial
> imagery. Because the corrected footprints were still rectangles drawn
> with the same nodes in the same order, only the node versions were
> incremented.

This analysis is correct. There were 757 buildings where this was the
case - the building was still at v1 but the nodes had been modified by a
different mapper by the time my cleanup was run. My script then deleted
those buildings and left the nodes in place, leading - in most cases -
to orphaned nodes that were often cleaned out by other mappers later.

I have now undeleted those buildings in this changeset:

Let me know if you should find anything else!

Bye
Frederik