[Imports] [Imports-us] Colorado Address Imports

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Sat Jan 25 21:25:48 UTC 2020

Taylor,

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 1:11 PM <smocktaylor at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was missing expansions for PT, SQ, and TRL in the uploaded sample
> file. I did have the Trl expansion in my translation file, but I hadn't
> rerun it. I was not missing an expansion for SW (there is a PREFIX_DIR
> field, but the SW in SW 60 was not in that field, and given the
> propensity for using letters for road names in Mesa County, I am *not*
> willing to expand SW/N/S/E/W or anything else in the STREET_NAM field
> -- I should actually add a special case it so two letters don't get
> title cased). There were not any occurances of "LNDG" or "RUN" in the
> STREET_TYP field, while "LOOP" doesn't seem to be a suffix to me (does
> it expand to something besides "Loop"?)

There a lot of single letter street names and I agree they shouldn't get
expanded. I think the SW was in the suffix direction. LNDG only has one
occurrence and RUN was also a small number. The addr database was from Jan
20, yours might have been earlier. And LOOP would just be Loop as you said.
I noticed you had other street_types that just needed to be changed from
all caps to initial caps so I wanted to include those. BTW I also noticed
that when I did a count by prefix direction, I got two different listing
for N and S. They might have a hidden space stuck in those.

Best,
Clifford

--
@osm_washington