[josm-dev] Integrate remaining two UtilsPlugin actions into JOSM core?

Hakan Tandogan hakan at gurkensalat.com
Sun Nov 11 08:56:16 GMT 2007

Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> There are only two Tool functions left in the Utilsplugin, that are not
>> already in the JOSM core:
>>
>> - Join node to way
>> - Simplify way
>>
>> Both functions seems generally useful.
>>
>> I think I could move both Actions into JOSM core easily.
>>
> I don't know. Put them in the core if the others are happy with it...
> but then you have to explain to Martijn that his plugin is now just a
> zombie ;-)

How about creating a "Simplify way" plugin, that does only this and
nothing else? That way, you could have an example plugin, too.

On the other hand, I imagine that the "Simplify way" plugin could grow
quite large if we create a GUI for the distance parameter, so it might
make even more sense to split it out into its own plugin...

This is assuming that Martijn would be happy with such a solution, of
course ;-)

Regards,
Hakan

--
The Key To Immortality Is First Living A Life Worth Remembering.