[josm-dev] "Message of the day" texts

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Dec 29 11:13:45 GMT 2008

Hi,

Женя wrote:
> How can I get a login to trac, so I could translate the MOTD?

No login is required.

> And one more question about translations: there are some strings,
> like "http://www.openstreetmap.org/traces", "EPSG:4326", and so on -
> they don't require a translation. What should i do with them?

I think copying the existing content is ok. If something is obviously
stupid we can change the source to use the string un-translated, but
some things like the URL above do make sense, so that id/when the web
page becomes available in different languages, the URL can be localised.

Bye
Frederik